Tuesday, November 20, 2007

About 15 years ago...

I always wonder how moms choose their baby's name...there are millions and billions of names to choose from, how they choose it??? And 15 years ago, how my mom did it??? I found something today, while my mom and I was cleaning our wardrobe.

Lots of clothes..mine only...
She found this paper. She wrote this 15 years ago to choose my name when it was time to make the birth cert. The other half of the paper is a newspaper strip, about my grandfather being naik pangkat as Daro's Pemanca.

Julia, Julie, CHRISTINE, Teresa, Elaine - Wong Siaw Wei.

As i read it, i can't believe myself or imagine myself with the name..Julia? Julie? Teresa? Elaine????? OMG, (no offence please) i just couldn't stand laughing myself if i really got those names, especially...fine, i wouldn't mention it as one of those name, is my primary school teacher's name. And that teacher, haha...Julie? This sounds like biscuits...I think Julia is kinda good but neh...a bit too feminine. And Elaine..uh...

Ehehe, I think I'll just stick to Christine. So, there it is...

CHRISTINE WONG SIAW WEI

and that's me.

Thanks mom!!

3 comments:

maria said...

what a memorable paper. you should keep it up and let your child see next time..hehe

Lisan said...

Christine sounds like the 'Christine' from The Phantom Of The Opera. It's a compliment you know. Nice name...... :)

Christine said...

Maria: Oh yes. I quickly file it up. Haha, maybe i'll pick my child's one after one of these. LOL!!!

Lisan: Haha..I knew that when i was studying my literature in school. Although i wasn't studying phantom of opera...