Saturday, January 19, 2008

Remodifying Sonnet 18 by William Shakespear

I have so many things yet to be done! omg....

Who cares, soon,
we are going to have 9 days holiday!!!
OH YEAH!
I just read Sonnet 18, by William Shakespeare, a few days ago at literature lesson.
_____________________________
Sonnet 18 by William Shakespeare

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this and this gives life to thee.
___________________________________
This is my version of silly little sonnet..lol!
Sonnet 11 by me me
Shall I compare thee to an ice cream?
Thou art more enjoyable and not sad;
Ice cream do taste nice most of the time,
But ice cream's greatness too short a date;
Sometime too cold the princess from north pole shivers,
And often is its coldness replaced;
Sometimes too sweet the sugar plum fairy sprinkles,
And often is its sweetness causing toothache;
Nor lose the happiness thou bring ow'est,
Nor shall weather going through thou's way,
When I knew it is going away in the end;
So long as men knew thou's name,
So long live HOLIDAY and this gives life to thee.
______________________________________________
Ok. I know it is lame. I am bored of homework i guess.
By the way, let me wish you an early
Gong Xi Fa Cai
Happy Chinese New Year!

4 comments:

thung said...

u are sooo lame la! still have time to do those things ho.. haih.. ppl like u seemed to be stress-free..

Christine said...

Trying very very hard to be one...

LingDi said...

Shakespears poem is really beautiful. I guess that one is one of my fav. My friend even composed a music for the poem. Really nice one. Hehe..
Btw, you are really creative in doing this thing! Ever thinking of being the next Shakespears? Haha..

Sharleen said...

Sounds funny though..LOL. WEird...shakespears become icecream? holiday? haiyo...LOL..weird la you..=P...and anyway..have u catch the meaning of the whole poem?