Feels like ancient China man who had to leave his little village, deep in the mountains, all the way to Beijing, and take the exam to become officials, or to be more precise, "scholars". If you succeed, congrats and welcome back home anytime you like; if not, please start panicking where are you going to earn your next meal from and wonder if you would ever have the chance to step foot on your birth village again, even when not repressed by financial issues, but of pride, to face your aged parents at home who sacrificed their life long savings just to fund your journey to Beijing and now you come back empty handed. Do you even dare to crush their high hopes right in their face, my dear son? and how about those relatives and neighbours around? What are they going to say?
Okay, this is getting too far off.
Right after exam, I ffked my dearest beloved gang and went to search for suit for this oldman for the upcoming prom. (You know who you are) It's just so unfair how girls have to put in sooooooo much effort and time to prepare for prom and how guys could just recycle what they have in their wardrobe. No make up, no nothing. Just put on a suit. (I tried 22 freaking dresses in a day, 22!!! just to find one that I'm happy with, RM185 including alterations, super happy...heeheee..) Though, this perfect-fitting-suit-searching process has proven me wrong.
Never knew it would be so hard to find a not-so-common yet sharp looking and a suit that fits perfectly. Even harder when you have a tight budget eh? Anyway, that oldman decided to spare his wallet and RECYCLE. Yea yea, environmental friendly. I still hold on tight to: That should have been a good investment. A proper, nice piece of suit, never a liability, but long term asset! :p ok, enough pressuring. You very leng zai during prom, ok?! HAHA
And the next day, I joined class trip to Sunway Lagoon. Rare opportunity to have a clss trip like this. But anyway, only half of the class turn up. =.=" so much for unity. Hmph. HAHA. Anyway, the regulars, crazy bunch of people were there. (The main contributors of noise pollution in our lovely PM20)
Fortunately, it was a sunny day!!!! We bought all-park passes. Freaking expensive, RM85. But Worth the day spent with great friends.
Me and Wan Jing
Oh ya, this is wan jing. One of the siao po in our clique in class. After our first ride in the amusement park - Pirate ship, someone came down and puke. AHAHAHA. Had a good time on the pirate ship especially when it was upside down, watching everyone's facial expression was the best part!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!! (Love heights and speed! :D) Can't stop laughing at them while they all were screaming their lungs out. Went on to Tomahawk, where a few !@#$ers, trapped us inside the ride and made the staffs to make us go on the ride twice, one right after another. But I still couldnt stop laughing at Jia Noob when all the vulgar appear half way through second round of the ride. Went on to screampark. THIS IS THE FUNNIEST PARK OF ALL. Ok, i admit I'm a coward when it comes to all these supernatural stuffs. As we were walking through the park for the first time, we were so afraid that we hugged each other so tight and simply scream whenever we hear any weird sound (ok, may be it's just...me?) Didn't even dare to open my eyes. Screamed until our voices were coarse. Went in second time, we decided to counter our fear by singing KEN LEEEEEE (please search in you tube for this video) so loud that we got scolded by the "ghost" inside to respect them. So we stopped singing, and started talking. Got scolded again. =.=" Epic fail. Celebrated Wen Jing and Li Teng's Birthday at Marrybrown then went on to Waterpark and chilled around at the Big Wave with Jee Yen and 40. Ah.. life after exam, we can shamelessly afford to float aimlessly the whole afternoon on water while enjoying the sun. :D Great day...
Had Klang tour the next early morning with a friend. Instead of the usual Bak Kut Teh, we tried Pai Kut rice and "miu ge"? (i don't know how you call that) some kind of pinched noodle-liked carbohydrate. Something like pan mee. How come Klang got all these nice food? Watched Kung Fu Panda 2. Any of you who havent watch it, MUST WATCH, M.U.S.T. It was very "lame" but couldn't stop laughing for hours...
Went for make up and hair do in pyramid after that. RM121. T-T and rushed to prom...The food and deco were amazing but the whole event was rather messy. Every one kept walking around and snapping photos... Didn't really bother what happened on stage or maybe because I was sitting very far away from the stage. Didn't even know who were the prom queen and prom king. HAHA. Anyway, had a great time. :D
Yuen, Amy, Nadzirah and I
Bimbotic pose. :p
Super disliked the make up. Due to the price paid, had to hypnotize myself "It's fine. It's ok" =.="
Rushed to Langkawi very early next morning at 5.30am. Zombie mode. Rented 2454, Innova to move around with. RM280. Shall summarise our first day journey in point form.
- Kawasan Beras Terbakar. To see a plate of black beras. =.="
- Went to Makam Mahsuri. Grave of a woman named Mahsuri. It's some kind of myth or legend that she had indescribable beauty, she was accused of having affair with some officials, she was punished and tied to a tree, white blood flowed out to show that she was innocent. She cursed Langkawi to be unable to develop for 7 generations. So Langkawi was sort of in "run-down" state until Malaysia regained independence.
- Checked in at City Bayview Hotel.
- Had awesome lunch at Orchid Ria Restaurant. Learned to eat sotong ring! :D
- Went to the famous Pantai Pasir Hitam
rubbish every where. sigh
40, Wei Jie, Xiang Yang, Noob,
Me and Wan Jing.
(While jeeyen and zi xuan rather stay at the foot of the mountain)
In cable car :D
Me, Zi Xuan, Wei Jie and 40.
pfft...bunch of childish teenagers.
(whooppsss. shouldnt have join them for this photo! haha)
- At night, had fun playing our usual game "Truth or Dare". Got lots of "precious" information that night. ;)
- second day, had breakfast in hotel. Went shopping! It was great shopping here with all the duty free shops. Bought couple of nike and adidas shirts at 50% normal price. and lots of chocs too!! :D
- Went to Jetty Point and Eagle Square. Jetty Point is another shopping complex, it's newer compare to other malls. If you havent rent a car and wondering where to get one, (as taxi fares are kinda expensive here. of course, you can try other means of transportation like cycling if you are fit enough. But i doubt anyone would want to waste their time cycling around... ) this is the place where many random uncles and aunties will stop you and ask if you want to rent a car. There are few franchise eateries here too (Kenny Rogers, KFC, Big Apple Donuts). It's kinda cloudy that day, but we were fortunate enough to be able to go for Island Hopping. We went for a private package for having the whole boat to ourselves, maximum 8 individuals per group. Of course, you can join bigger groups too and pay at individual prices which I believe is more expensive.
- Island Hopping includes Pulau Beras Basah (just to hang around the beach), Pulau Singa Besar (Eagle feeding) and Pulau Dayang Bunting (need to do some light hiking here to get to a lake, beware of monkeys.)
- Switch hotel to Holiday Villa which is outside of Kuah town, nearer to Pantai Cenang. Had a filling, delicious and cheap dinner at Fat Mum Seafood Restaurant.
- Played "Truth or Dare" again at the beach. Got dared to hug some foreigner's daughter. =.="
- Some liquors here are as cheap as mineral water. A tin of carlsberg at RM1.50 only. But no, i don't drink beers. We bought 4.8% alcohol content vodka. Taste like soda. Dont worry, all above 18 except one little boy who did under-aged drinking. Should have reported him. Haha. It's impossible to get drunk with that, unless you drink like...100 bottles of it?? Well, still, I'm not encouraging you little kids out there to drink alcohols.
- Slept quite early because I was being paranoid over something that night. stupid me.
- Third day, packed. Went back to Kuah Town and did some last minute shopping in duty free shops. Bought even more chocs.
- Boarded noon time flight back to Subang then back to Miri.
Typical view of Kedah state.Ok. Done reporting. Before i forget, Thank you to the 3 macho guys who tag along who ended up carrying bags for us and become our drivers. You guys are shoooooo sweet. HAHAHA :D Will touch more on thoughts after this post.
(Only knew Langkawi is in Kedah) :p
(Only knew Langkawi is in Kedah) :p
So long, Langkawi!