Monday, March 19, 2012

Random monologues of the day

  • I wonder what would happen to a woman who rather spend all her money and time on real knowledge than dresses and make-ups, or plastic surgeries
  • Is there such thing as "I am busy to talk to you right now"? Excluding the case of a superman who is on a mission to save the world from damnation in less than an hour, no one's ever too busy for their loved ones. Unless, they have something better to do than to talk to you. 
  • While I was reading "He's Just Not That Into You"  by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo this afternoon (please, don't take me wrongly, not that I'm desperate or anything, I just need some amusing reading material to laugh at after reading Angels and Demons in 2 sitting. That was a marathon for a slow reader like me), an excerpt from Mere Christianity, by CS Lewis struck me:

And, of course, the promise, made when I am in love and because I am in love, to be true to the beloved as long as I live, commits me to being true even if I cease to be in love. A promise must be about the things that I can do, about actions: no one can promise to go on feeling in a certain way. He might as well promise never to have a headache or always to feel hungry. 



To love is different from to be in love. This is not a trick on language but Love is an action, not a feeling. It is a command from Jesus Christ to all human beings, not a chemical reaction due to surge of endorphins in our arteries. Just a twist of perception, all the promises and songs (e.g. "I will be in love with you forever"), seems very "laughable". 



  • Finished my TMC Attachment. Forgot to update on the last day. This attachment couldn't have ended in a better way. I witnessed a Caesarian delivery and it was my first time looking at newborn, as in NEWBORN baby. He looked pale and bloodless at first, but very very adorable after a few seconds as his cheeks began to turn pink. Then his chest expanded and contracted as he breathed as hard as he could while we monitored his heartbeat, each beat full of eagerness and energy. Magical moment. :) Plus, the OT staffs were really warm on this day, despite my very brief stay here. So I'm having a few days free here in Kuching and Miri before my trip to Taiwan. ooo can't wait! 

No comments: