Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'm back!

Oh wow, look at that, last post was about 2 months ago. Sorry for disappearing for such a long duration but...I am finally back from a great adventure! :D
Latest additions to my camp tags collection 
Life has been treating me extremely well for the past 2 months, or I ought to put it in another way - The Lord has been generously pouring blessings after blessings. I'm back from the Biro Tata Negara (BTN) camp for government-sponsored scholars, which was a week long and Camp Cameron 2012 by FES for 3 weeks! Imagine that...1 week by the beach and 3 weeks on Cameron Highlands, with great time catching-up sessions with my collegemates and SUFES campers & staffs as the prologue, interlude and a fine epilogue to my adventure. I was working before flying off to West Malaysia for the camps and work will resume tomorrow, before I officially resign to prepare myself for university next month.

I have been writing and drawing quite a bit during these camps - essays, poems, sketches and haikus all lined up and prepared to be posted once I resign from my first ever, proper work. It's amazing how the Lord guided me through things, brought me to the paradises on earth like Chefoo, Cameron Highlands then allowed the Spirit to prompt me to express in words and drawings. My language has never been sharp and good before, same goes to my awful drawing skills, but somehow, which I believe were the works of the Spirit, I was able to channel my experiences through those mediums, quite precisely during those few weeks. I really doubt such works of art would come from me any time soon. 
Boh Tea Plantation, Cameron Highlands

Boh Tea Plantation, Cameron Highlands
 Nevertheless, thank God, really, this year has been a fruitful year, albeit lacking the lustre of academic achievements. It has been a year of growth, an unfathomable expand of the width of perspective. (Plenty of work needed to be done on the 'depth') I was broken, healed, broken and am still in the process of healing, but I am no longer afraid because some things are just not meant to be, some people are just there to teach you stuffs and leave your life forever. All that is left to be done is surrendering these broken relationships for God to be redeemed. I shall fight for myself no more. 
Academic wise: everything seems so surreal at first, but at least, the confirmation from my university today has brought something down to earth - I have finally received the unconditional offer from University of Cambridge for Medicine at Gonville and Caius College. And so it is to Cambridge I will be heading to no less than 2 months time! I'm in the process of sorting out visa applications, warming up my rusty brain to study, packing, lots of reflections to be done, and schedule for farewells. Mixed feelings I will talk more about this when I finish posting up all my works from Camp Cameron.
Enjoying the afternoon at The Lord's Cafe, Cameron Highlands

Jehovah Jireh...God who provides. He is indeed my God who has provided me with everything more than I could ever imagine. All praises to Him, to God be the glory! 

Till then. 


No comments: